AX-7235 Medical Affairs Lead – Oncology
Oncology Medical Affairs Lead required for the UK and Ireland affiliate of one of the world’s top pharmaceutical companies.
Leading the Oncology franchise within the specialist division of a top 10 pharmaceutical company.
Division is providing key revenue growth for the wider business.
Opportunity to work in close knit team focused on putting the patient first.
Excellent career prospects with world leading company that is still growing.
It is an exciting time within our client’s oncology franchise, with a strong portfolio and pipeline across solid tumour, lymphoma and leukaemia. They are now looking for a Medical Affairs professional who can provide strong leadership for the oncology medical team.
Reporting to the Head of UK and Ireland Medical Affairs, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the UK oncology medical affairs team, which includes Senior Medical Advisors, Medical Advisors, Scientific Advisors and the MSL team.
- Providing relevant medical input into the wider oncology business unit.
- Upskilling and developing the medical team including succession planning.
- Overseeing all KOL interaction.
- Ensuring that compliance and ethics are adhered to including strong working knowledge of the ABPI Code.
- Leading the generation of therapeutic evidence that can be used by the wider company.
- Ensuring medical support is provided where required to other internal teams including for HTA submissions.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
You will already be a Medical Affairs professional with UK market experience.
Proven experience of leading and developing a medical affairs team.
GMC registered with completed core medical training.
NHS structure knowledge.
Expert working experience with the ABPI Code and relevant regulations
Experience within Oncology preferred, otherwise a strong desire to move into Oncology.
Before you apply for this position it is vital that you are in possession of an EU or UK passport or relevant visa to work without restrictions in the UK.
Excellent Benefits package
For a confidential discussion please telephone Beth Thomas-Stonier at AXESS Limited on 020 8560 2300.
To apply, click the APPLY ONLINE button quoting reference AX-7235
Oncology/ monoclonal antibody / immunology/ Head of Medical Affairs/ Medical Affairs Lead/ Medical Advisor / Senior Medical Advisor / Medical adviser/ Senior Medical Adviser/ South East / Reading / Maidenhead / Buckinghamshire / Berkshire / London / South East / UK
AXESS has been operating since 1990
We are a recruitment business dedicated to the pharmaceutical industry, specialising in Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs & Clinical Development
We match professional candidates to the best permanent, contract and interim roles in the market