AX-7149 Associate Director Medical Affairs – Haemophilia
Medical Affairs Associate Director required by a pioneering global pharmaceutical company based in Cambridgeshire responsible for its haemophilia medicines. Will line manage a field based MSL team.
Opportunity to work for a biotechnology company with:
- A history in pioneering rare disease treatments.
- A strong portfolio and pipeline with upcoming launches
- An expanding international presence.
- A dynamic and fun working environment.
Reporting to the Medical Affairs Director, this brand new position will be an integral member of an expanding UK medical affairs function.
Key role duties include:
- Working across the company’s haemophilia portfolio with lead responsibility for a specific therapy area.
- Providing strategic medical input into business plans and HTAs.
- Highlighting disease awareness both internally and externally.
- Line Manage the MSL team.
- Building and maintaining relationships with KOLs and relevant patient organisations. (Expected to be in the field on average 1 day per week).
- Ensuring that the relevant industry Codes of Practice are adhered to, highlighting any potential issues.
- Providing medical sign off duties as required.
- Deputising for the Medical Affairs Director when required.
- Travelling to national and international business meetings, congresses and symposia c. 30% of time.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Medical affairs physician with UK and Ireland experience.
- GMC registered medic or GPhC registered pharmacist.
- ABPI Final Medical Signatory required.
- Previous line or supervisory management experience preferred.
- Therapy area experience in haemophilia an advantage.
- Sound working knowledge of the ABPI and IPHA Codes.
- Proven ability to work cross functional with examples of successful collaboration with the commercial teams.
- Strong external stakeholder management
Before you apply for this position it is vital that you are in possession of an EU or UK passport or relevant visa to work without restrictions in the UK.
Comprehensive benefits package
For a confidential discussion please telephone Farzaana Khan at AXESS Limited on 020 8560 2300.
To apply, please click the APPLY ONLINE button.
Scientific Advisor , Scientific Advisor Manager, Medical Advisor, Medical Manager, Medical Advisor, Rare Disease Medical Advisor, Rare disease Medical Manager, Rare disease Medical Manager, medical advisor, haemophilia, haematology, hemophilia, hematology, Medical Advisor, clinical research, medical affairs, immunology, inflammation, autoimmune, Cambridgeshire, Cambridge, ABPI, ABPI sign off, final signatory, medical review, PMCPA, ABPI Code
AXESS has been operating since 1990
We are a recruitment business dedicated to the pharmaceutical industry, specialising in Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs & Clinical Development
We match professional candidates to the best permanent, contract and interim roles in the market.