AX-7146 Associate Medical Director – Phase I Physician
Clinical Research Physician position available for a medic to join a top Global Pharmaceutical company in their world-renowned Clinical Pharmacology / Early Phase Development Unit based in Cambridge.
- Rare opportunity to work on intellectually stimulating clinical trials including biomarkers and translational medicine where you can develop expertise becoming a subject matter expert.
- Busy unit with a significant increase in trials over recent period.
- The unit conducts trials across a wide range of therapy areas.
You will join an established team of medics working within their state of the art Phase I unit.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the delivery of clinical trials in healthy volunteers and in patient populations.
- Provide expert hands-on assistance in others projects when required.
- Accountability for all study-related medical governance decisions and contributes to the quality governance of trial data, to comply with the responsibilities of an investigator as defined by law.
- Liaise cross functionally with therapy area teams.
- Represent the company when dealing with external partners.
- Utilise your expert knowledge around feasibility of study procedures and study conduct
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Full registration with UK General Medical Council with a licence to practice
- Ideally experience as a Principal Investigator or approaching this level, depending on competencies and qualifications, including for first-in-human clinical trials.
- Post-graduate qualification(s) acquired, or a commitment to acquire a post-graduate qualification in relation to pharmacology / pharmaceutical medicine such as, for example, Certification of Completion of Specialty Training in Clinical Pharmacology, MD or PhD or MSc Pharmacology, Diploma of Pharmaceutical Medicine (DPM), or Diploma of Human Pharmacology (DHP), or equivalent. The company is committed to support relevant studying for DPM or DHP.
- You will have completed their early Specialty or Clinical training, or Senior House Officer training completed, or have completed GP training, or be able to demonstrate equivalent qualifications and experience of clinical practice in acute care of patients.
Good basic salary, car allowance, annual stock allocation, pension, holiday etc.
For a confidential discussion please telephone Rebecca Bray at AXESS Limited on 020 8560 2300.
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE button.
Only candidates with EU work authorisation will be considered.
Pharmaceutical physician, clinical research, clinical research physician, principal investigator, PI, phase I physician, Study physician, medical director, medic, doctor , clinical research , Phase I, Phase 1, PI , Phase II , Phase 2, translational medicine, biomarkers. Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
AXESS has been operating since 1990
We are a recruitment business dedicated to the pharmaceutical industry, specialising in Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs & Clinical Development
We match professional candidates to the best permanent, contract and interim roles in the market.