AX-7143 Head of Global Drug Safety Operations
Unique opportunity for a Patient Safety professional to set up and manage a global Pharmacovigilance shared services department for a world renowned pharmaceutical company.
- New role setting up and running a shared service PV function for a global pharmaceutical company with strong heritage and prospective looking future.
- The new department provides safety evaluation and risk management support to the client’s established brands and generics portfolios as well as other services for the rest of the company including aggregate and literature reports, metrics and technical support.
- Responsible for managing the global team in sites including Poland and Bangalore.
- Role comes with high visibility to board level
Our client is looking for a pharmacovigilance lead with extensive operational experience to set up and run a global safety offering covering a wide range of therapy areas in its established brands and generics portfolios. The client wants to build in-house capability rather than outsource the function.
Key projects aligned to this role will include:
- Devising strategies for robust onboarding and training plans for the teams.
- Developing a combined literature screening service for ICSRs and signal detection.
- Utilising technology to deliver enterprising and innovative PV methodologies to the wider company.
- Delivering strategic resource solutions to ensure the workloads are managed efficiently
- Ensuring alignment on cross-functional projects with key personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Extensive Pharmacovigilance background.
- Would suit scientist or medic with strong process background.
- Big pharma experience essential.
- Can demonstrate Process Management expertise.
- Successfully put together a similar function.
- Significant leadership and team management experience.
- Experience of managing offshore functions
- Proven experience in developing individuals
- Cross functional working especially with Regulatory and Medical Affairs
Before you apply for this position it is vital that you are in possession of an EU or UK passport or relevant visa to work without restrictions in the UK.
For a confidential discussion please telephone Christian Simon at AXESS Limited on 020 8560 2300.
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE.
PV / Pharmacovigilance / Drug Safety / Safety Scientist/ PV Physician / Safety/ ICSR/ ARISg/ Brand Safety Leader / Senior PV Physician / Drug Safety Physician / Head of PV/ Head of Drug Safety/ Senior PV Manager/ Senior Drug Safety Manager/ PV Team Lead/ Drug Safety Team Lead / Operations / PV Operations / Drug Safety Operations / Global / line management / matrix management / PV Scientist / Drug Safety Scientist / PSURs / PBRERs / Signal Detection / Safety Surveillance / Risk Management / VP / Head of / Senior Manager / Director / London
AXESS has been operating since 1990
We are a recruitment business dedicated to the pharmaceutical industry, specialising in Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs & Clinical Development
We match professional candidates to the best permanent, contract and interim roles in the market