Candidate Resource Centre
Tips for different media
- Ensure you have a good signal or a land line as a back-up.
- Make sure you are in a quiet area and set aside enough time for the interview.
- Treat it like a face to face interview.
- Have a pad of paper with all your notes to hand including questions to ask.
- Telephone interviews are often held as part of the agency interaction, with HR and /or the Hiring Manager. It is essential to remain professionalism and show respect at all times with everyone you interact with.
- Dress professionally.
- Plan your route, ensure you know how to get to the interview location!! (Public transport, driving, do they have spaces).
- Arrive at reception around 15-20 minutes before the interview.
- Know the names of the people you are meeting.
- Have your CV to hand.
- If giving a presentation, have it on multiple media and in hard copy with enough handouts to give to all on the interview panel.
- Have your competency based question examples ready.
- Make sure you have the right software Skype, Facetime etc.
- Test the software and ensure you know how to use it, dial in codes, good Wi-Fi or hard line connection.
- Find a quiet area and make sure the background is suitable.
- Treat it like a face to face interview and dress professionally.